Gloucestershire Cricket TrustGloucestershire Cricket Trust help young people of any background, ethnicity or ability to encourage sport and a healthy life style.
- Support the game of cricket for all.
- Help provide: expertise; guidance; financial assistance for young people to achieve their full potential in cricket.
- Promote community participation in healthy recreation through cricket and related physical or recreational activity in particular for those with ill health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage.
Activities to achieve this include:
- Helping promote disability cricket through funding for training, equipment and the organisation of an annual special needs cricket festival.
- Supporting applications from young, aspiring cricketers seeking assistance with their career development; including help with training, aspects of education, financial support for overseas placements and assistance with equipment.
- Supporting girls’ and women’s cricket through providing funds for training and equipment.
- Providing funds for training and equipment for minority groups’ cricket.
- Arranging activities with both a cricket and non-cricket focus which will engage new audiences.
Projects we have funded:
Emerging Players Programme (EPP)
The charity has donated £5700 to support the Gloucestershire Cricket Board’s (GCB) EPP and an expanded performance programme for boys.
A number of boys, considered to be just below the full EPP set-up, have also benefited from GCT funding by attending specialist training sessions; these have included wicket keeping and spin bowling sessions with Gloucestershire professional Tom Smith.
We seek to support those with disabilities who have limited access to sports facilities. Our disability cricket programmes would greatly benefit from additional funding, as we are hoping to further develop our offering to those with Learning Difficulties, Physical Disabilities and those that are visually Impaired by creating programmes including:
- School Training: Schools receive 2 terms worth of coaching.
- Schools Competitions. Regular indoor and outdoor interschool competitions.
- Gifted and Talented. Specific sessions for those with a particular interest and ability in cricket.
- Community/Day Centre Sessions. Taster sessions and weekly community drop in sessions.
- Deaf Cricket Programme. Sessions hosted for people either with a hearing impairment or fully deaf, plus 2 national competitions.
We also offer equipment and clothing, including – Lords Taverner’s disability Bags, Balls, Stumps, Coaching Aids as well as clothing to wear to events.
Howzatt for Healthy:
Through the school year at Bristol County Ground, we work to tackle childhood obesity by helping inspire young people to adopt a healthy lifestyle, using cricket as a starting point. During the programme, pupils:
- Attend a Q&A session with some of the professional Gloucestershire Cricketers.
- Participate in a cricket coaching session.
- Cook with the club’s chef, learning how to cook healthy meals.
- Grow their own vegetables in the school garden.
Pupils receive a workbook with recipes to use during the programme, which they can then take home and continue this new skill.
How to Donate
You can support our work in a number of ways:
Please make the cheque payable to the Gloucestershire Cricket Trust and send to GCT, Bristol County Ground, Nevil Road, Bristol, BS7 9EJ
Text GCTG19 £10 to 70070 to donate to GCT and make a difference today.
If you would like to leave a legacy in your will to the Gloucestershire Cricket Trust this can be achieved by informing your solicitor of what you wish to do. When talking to your solicitor please inform them of our charity number which is 1003740.
Donate to a specific project:
If you wish to donate to one project in particular, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will be happy to you through the options available.
For example, you could support our work with;
- Those who are visually impaired
- Thos with learning disabilities
- Those with dementia
- Those with physical and mental disabilities
- Youth engagement
- Coach development
- Schools and education
Should you have any questions then please contact our fundraising team on email@example.com